twitter
    Click here to follow me!

I Couldn't Fight It.......

I don't need people telling me that I have no will power.......I'm already aware! A few months ago I was at work anxiously waiting to watch the latest Apple press release, where they introduce a bunch of shiny new products that I always end up buying. Well this time I had told myself that it would be different, and that I wouldn't succumb to running to the Apple store waiting to pick the latest and greatest in what they had to offer.

Steve Jobs came out on to the stage and was talking about the iTunes store, and the massive sucess that they have been having with the sale of digital music. Then out of nowhere he pulls out this new insane looking device and shouted out....'This is the iPad, say hello'. As soon as he pulled that damn iPad out I knew that this was a bad time for me to make a bet with myself!! He went into discussion talking about all the new and innovative things this iPad could do, and sitting there I realized that this was just an oversized iPhone and a giant waste of money. I was also worried about Apple's reputaion, in that this new product might not do well and hurt all their other products.

Finally, at the end of his presentation he told the world that this would only be available in the USA first and then slowly start to trickle to the rest of the world. As the months went by, much hype was created about this new product and when it finally came out all hell broke loose! All the tech blog sites gave it nothing but good reviews and the YouTube videos were coming out with the same message. I still stuck by my guns and kept trying to convince myself that I didn't need one.

I would like to announce that they still aren't available in Canada, but I'm a complete puppet and am now writing this blog post from my shiny new iPad. Goodnight and god bless all of those, including me, who still rock a clean pair of slacks.

0 comments: